સોમવાર, 21 માર્ચ, 2011

Wheat Flour cookie


 I never ate much cookies when I was in India. After coming here I feel like eating even those things that I never ate before. Also it feels really nice to try out new things as ther is no body to say anything even if we have to throw ;)w. I feel excited when something turns out well when I  do for the first time. In India people never care to try out things like these as they are readily available in the store next door. When I search for some recipes in the net I find so many food blogs. And most of the owners of the blog reside in some foreign land. Probably it feels nice to prepare something on your own in a far off land and if it succeeds it feels great to take a snap and update in your blog.



For this recipe you need wheat flour. In India we just get one type of wheat flour. If you are here then it is better to use whole wheat. For one cup of  wheat flour add 1/2 cup of sugar. Keep the measuring cup same for both flour and sugar. Add around 1/2 to 3/4th spoon of cardamom powder. And almond pieces, I took 1/4 cup of almond pieces. If you want more, then may be 1/2 cup will do. Add very little salt, say 1/4th spoon.Mix them well. 

To make it to a dough, butter has to be added. Here we get butter sticks. I added 3/4th of unsalted butter stick. This might be around 1 cup of melted butter. Mix well and if needed you can add 2-3 table spoons of milk to make it a thick dough. (Add accordingly so that you can make a dough)

Make small lemon sized balls and press it flat and place on a aluminium foil or any other tray that can be kept inside the oven.Keep it in a oven  that is preheated to 350 degrees. For me it took around 20 minutes. You can make out that it is done when the cookies turn golden brown. It came out very well with a nice cardamom aroma.

0 ટિપ્પણી(ઓ):

ટિપ્પણી પોસ્ટ કરો

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More