સોમવાર, 21 માર્ચ, 2011

Quickie - Raspberry Cheesecake


Adear sweet friend recently sent me a lovely cheesecake recipe. It’s eggless and no baking required, ahhhh great, yep my kinda recipe, so thanks dear friend. Anyways, as soon I received the recipe, I had to try it but alas I didn’t have the required ingredients at hand, especially the peanut butter. Yep my friend’s recipe is a peanut butter cheesecake and alas I knew I could not get it locally but needed to go to the supermarket. Ohh boy, suddenly had that ‘need a cheesecake’ craving thing coming on and I needed a fix pretty quick. Suddenly I recalled Sophie Grigson making a raspberry ice cream using mascarpone few days ago on telly. Well I thought why not use the same ingredients to make instant cheesecake.
So a quick dash to the local deli, bought a tub of mascarpone and some raspberries. Headed back home and straight to the kitchen. In a jiffy, pureed most of the raspberries, whisked the mascarpone and hand blended both together with some powdered sugar. Pureed the remaining few raspberries and added some sugar to create sweetened raspberry sauce. For the base I rummaged through the biscuit tin and found a packet of coconut crunch bikies. Took half the packet of biscuits and smashed em into bits and added some melted butter, the result was placed in the fridge for about 10 mins to harden a little. Assembly of the cheesecake was simplicity itself. Placed the cheesecake in the fridge for an hour or so to set whilst I made Briyani for dinner.
So there you have it, a quickie cheesecake to satisfy that deepest of craving. Will try my friend’s recipe next, can’t wait to try it.

Raspberry Cheesecake
Just to make sure folks don’t get confused biscuits and cookies are interchangable in the context of this dessert. Bikies is simply an British/Australian slang for a Biscuits
Verdict: really smooth and richness of the mascarpone was pleasurable. Fresh ripe raspberries were simply brilliant to taste and the colour – outstanding as you can see. The base using coconut biscuits was a real delight, added another dimension to this lovely and yet simple dessert. High wow factor for sure.

0 ટિપ્પણી(ઓ):

ટિપ્પણી પોસ્ટ કરો

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More