સોમવાર, 21 માર્ચ, 2011

Carrot payasa(kheer)




Carrot payasa/kheer is very simple to make and requires very less effort, and preparation. I love this very much and my mother was an expert in this.First time I prepared this in USA was on Shivaratri. The carrots were not boiled completely. So kheer did not come out as a nice paste. The next time I boiled carrot for more time and it came out fantastic and delicious. If you have just carrots at home, you can think of making this sweet.

When I was just a beginner in cooking I prepared this sweet on parties. When we had invited my husband's friends I tried this out.

Carrot is very good for health too. I will share some more dishes that can be prepared using carrot.(Like carrot chutney, carrot halwa)

All you need for this sweet is:
Carrot(4), Milk(around 1 cup), Sugar(around 1 cup), Ghee(3-4 spoons), Cashew nuts, Dry grapes, Almonds, cardamom.

How to do:

1. Peel carrot skin. Make pieces(not very small), add water and pressure cook it.
2. After it cools down, grind it(add cardamom and 4 cashew if required) thoroughly to prepare a fine paste. (add little water or milk)
3. Add milk and sugar to the paste and boil it thoroughly for 15-20 minutes.
4. Heat ghee in a separate cup, fry cashew, dry grapes and almonds. Put it to the carrot kheer.

0 ટિપ્પણી(ઓ):

ટિપ્પણી પોસ્ટ કરો

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More